- Applicant must be a teacher in a qualifying North Carolina K-12 school.
- The school principal must review and approve the proposal.
- Requests for salaries or professional development will be denied.
To be considered for a Bright Ideas grant, proposed projects must:
- Directly involve students.
- Seek to achieve clearly defined goals and learning objectives.
- Use innovative and creative teaching methods.
- Provide ongoing benefits to students.
- Feature measurable results that can be evaluated upon completion.
- Please be aware that Bright Ideas funding cannot be used for field trips or to fund travel expenses/fees for guests or speakers visiting your school.
- Please do not simply ask for a piece of equipment. Explain to us how you are going to use the tool or equipment innovatively in a classroom project.